It is no secret that life has drastically changed post the pandemic. Truth be told, we all know that it will take a while for things to go back to normal. All spheres of life have been impacted by the pandemic; some being positive and the others not so much. Apart from the millions of lives lost due to the virus, it has also taken away the social aspect of human life. Human beings are primarily social animals. Though, we have accustomed ourselves to do so through a screen, inherently we aren’t designed for the same over a long period of time. One of the most affected sectors due to the pandemic is the education sector.
Schools and colleges not only enable children to learn and grow but give them memories and opportunities of a lifetime. It is the first place where children form independent relationships and opinions. Apart from the education aspect, an educational institution plays a critical role in the overall development of a child. The pandemic has robbed away the social benefits of being a part of a school/college. But in these trying times we must remember that we ought to make the best of what we have. Of course it is a challenging situation, but hey, it is not the end of the world and we have the boon of social media.
We can understand the plight of today’s kids and teachers who are coping with this change of learning virtually. Keeping that in mind, here are 5 tips to make virtual learning fun and easy for all children and teachers out there!
- Form clubs: The idea of clubs isn’t new. Prior to the pandemic, various types of clubs like – book club, dance club, movie club and so on… were an integral part of school system. Well… this could be continued virtually as well. Children can create their own clubs and have activities for the same. This will not only act as a stress buster from all the virtual learning but also give all of them an opportunity to interact and stay in touch with their peers.
- Lunch breaks: One of the most exciting times during school is the recess. During this break they love to meet and chat with their friends and classmates. This tradition could very well be continued virtually where the children should be allowed to interact and eat their food while chatting and catching up with peers. This will allow them to build relationships beyond commonality of simply being classmates.
- Music: It has the power to change moods in a second. This one is a small but significant step towards making virtual learning fun. Teachers could start the day with a song. It could be a favourite song of each student on different days. This could change the atmosphere of the class and take the monotony away.
- Talent shows: The most thrilling times in school were annual gatherings and talent shows. These should be continued as virtual shows as well, this will help the kid to broaden his/her horizon and showcase his/her talents. The inclusion and exhibition of extracurricular activities help children to express themselves.
- Games and quizzes: Education is also about being in touch with all the latest happenings in the world. Usually, school competitions motivate kids to do so. This activity could be an effective tool in terms of providing a wholesome education without boredom. It would encourage them to go beyond books and they will look forward to attending virtual learning.
We understand that it will never be the same, but come on; this is something, isn’t it? Desperate times call for desperate measures. We all need to just try to make the best of what we have in hand.
All of us at Claylab constantly strive to make our classes exciting. Besides academics we try to include as many activities as possible. We create an interactive session for everyone to be comfortable with the process. The most important aspect of our virtual learning and teaching sessions is our counselling sessions with our students. This helps us to identify and address any issue faced by the children. We hope to give our best and enable our children with all the tools required for the real world.