“Parivartanameva Sthiramasti” is an ancient Indian axiom that most of us are familiar with in its translated form: “Change is the only constant”. No matter who you are, where you live or what you do, change does not spare anybody. We were well acquainted with this fact, but it took 2020 for us to experience the solid brunt of its omnipresence.
People around the globe had awaited 2020 with hopes, dreams, and expectations; all of us had made resolutions and promises assuming that things would go just as we planned. Clearly, 2020 was in no mood for ours and instead, had a few plans of its own, laid out for the whole world!
Not only did we experience changes in the way we operate and live our everydays, but we also saw a drastic transformation in our thought processes, fears and expectations: 2020 managed to question the very essence of our existence. Having said that though, here we are, at the end of this rollercoaster, standing tall and hoping for a pleasant year to follow.
As we patiently await 2021, let us not undermine the blessings and lessons that 2020 leaves in its wake for us. This year prepared us for adversities (unforeseen!). Though our 2020 resolutions and goals weren’t met as we would have liked, we know as we approach 2021 that there is always scope to create new aspirations. If there is one thing that 2020 has taught us, it is that – comes what may, the show must go on. All said and with that in mind, there are a few things that we can do to kick start 2021 with a bang.
As we look forward to the New Year with a few not-so-new-anymore norms by our side, let us help ourselves and the world to be better by promising to do a few simple things –
- Let us strive to be kind towards animals, nature, fellow human beings, and mostly ourselves.
- If we see an occasion, let us lend a helping hand to those in need and make use of the privileges we have, to uplift the society and thereby, the world as a whole.
- Respect our bodies. As the adage goes – ‘Health is Wealth’. It stands true in every situation that life may throw at us. So, let’s eat all the nutritious food we can find and exercise regularly.
- As impossible as it may seem, let’s make a conscious effort to try and look at the brighter side of the coin during any crisis. It doesn’t hurt to remember: ‘Tough situations do not last; tough people do!’
- Let’s Explore: Pick up a new hobbies. Learn new skills, get out of our comfort zone and constantly evolve with time. Lethargy is the deadliest disease – even if we can’t make it very far from our own homes!.
And… last but not the least, let us believe in our dreams. This year, we had a pandemic; for all we know, the coming year could be equally unravelling, if not more! Irrespective of what life throws at us, let’s hold on to our dreams. After all, 2020 is proof that persistence makes dreams come true.
2021 stands before us, like a chapter to be written; so let’s make our words count! This is the beginning of anything we want – so let’s bring the best we have, to the New Year, together!